CCCB Introduces the TrueBeam TM Radiotherapy System: Faster, More Precise Radiotherapy Treatment for Cancer Patients
March 19, 2018
Faster, More Precise Radiotherapy Treatment for Cancer Patients
Cancer Care Centers of Brevard is enhancing its cancer-fighting abilities with a new True Beam TM system from Varian Medical Systems for radiation therapy. Oncologists at Cancer Care Centers of Brevard are utilizing True Beam to treat patients with a variety of cancers including lung, breast, prostate, and head and neck. Benefits for cancer patients include:
- Faster Treatments: The TrueBeamTM system delivers radiation at a faster dose rate than traditional technologies. This speed translates into shorter treatment times for patients. Typical treatment times can be cut in half; with most taking less than a half hour.
- Comfort: Quiet operation and shorter treatment times mean less stress for the patient.
- Precision Targeting: The precision of the TrueBeamTM system is measured in increments of less than a millimeter. This precision allows physicians to protect vital organs and healthy tissue surrounding the tumor.
- Personalized Care: TrueBeamM makes it possible to tailor patient’s treatments using a variety of methods including respiratory gating, real-time tracking, imaging, and more.
- Visibility: The TrueBeamTM system produces 3-D images which allow doctors to target tumors precisely. It also reduces the amount of X-ray doses a patient receives by 25%.
“Cancer Care Centers of Brevard is pleased to add the TrueBeam TM system to our suite of leading-edge technology,” said Rahul Chopra, Medical Director at Cancer Care Centers of Brevard. “This system is a great advancement in treating cancer and allows our highly-trained and specialized physicians to deliver a personalized, precise experience while treating our patients more rapidly and effectively."
To make an appointment at Cancer Care Centers of Brevard, please call 321-952-0898.
About Cancer Care Centers of Brevard
For more than 25 years, Cancer Care Centers of Brevard has been providing comprehensive cancer treatment to patients in Brevard County. Our mission is to provide a compassionate setting for patients and their families while offering state-of-the-art cancer treatment. Each of our seven locations throughout Brevard County is staffed with highly-skilled physicians delivering exceptional care. Cancer Care Centers of Brevard is an affiliate of The US Oncology Network. This collaboration unites Cancer Care Centers of Brevard with more than 1,400 independent physicians dedicated to delivering value-based, integrated care for patients—close to home. Through The Network, these independent doctors come together to form a community of shared expertise and resources dedicated to advancing local cancer care and to delivering better patient outcomes. The US Oncology Network is supported by McKesson Specialty Health, whose coordinated resources and infrastructure allow doctors in The Network to focus on the health of their patients, while McKesson focuses on the health of their practices.